Streamlining Procurement: Reeco’s AWS Cloud Migration Journey with Profisea
Reeco, founded in Tel Aviv, Israel in 2021, is a dynamic procurement solutions company specializing in innovative purchasing, supply and payment services for the hospitality industry. The company offers the hospitality industry a one-stop shopping platform with thousands of products in an easy-to-use online store. Reeco’s solution automatically matches orders with the best suppliers based on price, availability, and delivery dates, resulting in average savings of 19% per order and an 80% reduction in order placement and receipt time.
Reeco, like most companies, faced many challenges during and following the COVID 19 pandemic, including supply chain disruptions and the need to address scalability and performance requirements while optimizing cloud costs. To overcome these critical issues, Reeco partnered with Profisea to migrate its existing infrastructure from one major cloud provider to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Automation of the environment building process to enable creation of new environments as needed as part of project delivery.
- Seamless migration of existing development and production environments to the AWS infrastructure.
- Implementation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Cloud cost optimization with innovative tools such as Uniskai by Profisea Labs.
- Adoption of Docker Orchestration platform on AWS.
- Set up and configuration of monitoring systems for various environments to enable continuous real-time performance and stability monitoring.
- Cloud security setup for AWS accounts to ensure compliance with industry best practices.
Why Amazon Web Services?
AWS offers a wide range of cloud services, from computing and storage to databases, analytics, and Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML) to build a complete infrastructure stack, optimize costs, and automate IaC implementation. AWS cloud services are highly configurable, providing an extensive set of APIs, SDKs, and tools to create a scalable and flexible infrastructure. Also, AWS delivers a wide range of security features and services so you can define your security policies, access controls, and network configurations.
Amazon Web Services used in the project: AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), AWS Security Hub, AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI), AWS Certificate Manager, AWS Key Management Service (AWS KMS), AWS Web Application Firewall (AWS), AWS Config, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Route 53, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Elastic Block Store (AWS EBS), AWS CloudFormation, Amazon CloudFront, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudWatch, AWS Pricing Calculator, AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL, AWS Database Migration Service (DMS), Amazon Kubernetes (Amazon EKS), Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka (Amazon MSK).
Reaching the Goals
The AWS cloud migration project unfolded in a series of well-planned stages. First, the Profisea DevOps experts built Terraform modules to define critical infrastructure components, including Amazon VPC, subnets, routes, and databases. The modular approach guarantees that these configurations can be replicated effortlessly across different environments.
Next, Profisea created an Amazon EKS cluster and configured Helm charts to handle application lifecycles. Also, Docker images were optimized to ensure efficient deployment.
We transformed Reeco’s CI/CD pipelines to streamline the deployment process and minimize human error, as we seamlessly integrated them with the AWS infrastructure. This integration facilitates real-time data communication between Reeco’s services and external systems via Amazon MSK.
As security was a paramount concern, Profisea’s DevOps engineers established VPN connections and configured Amazon CloudFront and AWS WAF to ensure secure communication and robust web threat protection. AWS Config and AWS CloudTrail were deployed to monitor and audit changes and security events, while AWS CloudWatch took care of real-time resource monitoring.
In the final stages, Profisea fine-tuned Terraform configurations for the production environment. A dry run migration was executed for Prod RDS MS SQL Server and Amazon DynamoDB, followed by data validation and testing. Our DevOps team also provided comprehensive training sessions and well-documented resources so that Reeco’s team would be ready to effectively manage their new AWS infrastructure from day one.
Reeco’s cloud migration delivered significant business outcomes:
- Scalable and Reliable Procurement Platform. Reeco has gained a highly scalable platform that can handle substantial workloads, perfectly meeting the demands of the dynamic hospitality industry.
- Cloud Visibility. AWS offers comprehensive visibility into all cloud resource configurations, enabling systematic tracking and recording of changes.
- Cloud Cost Optimization. Uniskai by Profisea Labs has assisted Reeco in optimizing cloud costs, eliminating unnecessary expenses while maintaining peak performance.
- Security, Threat Detection, and Compliance. Integration with AWS CloudTrail and AWS Security Hub has improved Reeco’s security measures and compliance policies.
- Change Management and Continuous Improvement. With Profisea, Reeco has gained insights into changes made to cloud resources over time. This support is vital for troubleshooting, maintaining a detailed change history, and ensuring the company can adapt to evolving market conditions.
Through Infrastructure as Code adoption, enhanced security protocols, and the use of AWS-managed services, Reeco’s innovative platform now operates with significantly improved reliability, performance, and security.
Profisea: Your Trusted Partner for AWS DevOps Services and Cloud Migration
Profisea is an Israeli boutique DevOps and cloud company providing a full spectrum of cloud management services, from smart customization of existing cloud infrastructures to end-to-end cloud infrastructure design and optimization that meets the unique business requirements of each of our clients.
Since 2015, Profisea’s DevOps engineers have been implementing top practices in GitOps, DevSecOps, and FinOps, and providing Kubernetes-based infrastructure services to help SMBs, SMEs, and large enterprises transform their organizational mindsets, increase productivity, and boost performance.
If you are looking for optimized infrastructure and enhanced delivery processes, check out our DevOps as a service page to get more information about how we can transform your cloud journey.